OUT AND ABOUT
Places to Visit and Things to Do in and Around Kalkan
1. Patara Beach - 18km of golden sands backed by the dunes and the Taurus mountains
2. Ruins at Patara - the ruins of ancient Patara nestle behind the sand dunes, a wonderful historical site.
3. Fish Market at Fethiye - buy your fresh fish and have it cooked and brought straight to the table.
4. Trout Farms and Restaurants at Islamlar high up in the hills behind Kalkan - well worth a visit!
5. Bezirgan Village - a traditional small rural Turkish village
6. Mud Bath - Get down and dirty!
7. Daily Boat Trips from Kalkan around the bay and beyond. Not to be missed!
8. Hamman - a traditional Turkish Bath, a truly unique experience guaranteed to leave you feeling wonderful.
9. Gombe Lake - take a jeep safari through the high plains of Antolia to the tranquil water of Gombe Lake.
10. Quad Biking - a great way to see the sights
11. Meis - Greece Island only a 30 minute boat ride from Kas - Charming little place!
12. Myra - visit the ruins, rock chambers, Acropolis and St Nicholas Church
13. Xanthos - The ruins of Xanthos and ampitheartre - a relaxing and photengic place
14. Jet Ski and Speedboat Hire - take an exhilerating trip around Kalkan Bay
15. Scuba Diving
16. Kekova - the sunken city! Can be visited by boat or by sea kayak
17. Kaputas Beach one of the most photagraped beaches and just outside Kalkan on the way to Kas - Stunning!
18. Paragliding over Kalkan for the ultimate views and adrenalin rush.
19. Jeep Safari to Xanthos, Saklikent and Patara
20. Tlos- ancient remains include Lycian tombs, Roman baths and a crumbling amphitheater.
21. Oludeniz - A beautiful sheltered (and protected) lagoon beside a lush national park, a long spit of sandy beach
22. Kayakoy - The ghost town (A Turkish ghost town abandoned in a population exchange with Greece)
23. Saklikent Gorge - known as “Hidden Valley” or The Lost City. Icy cold waters. Gorge walk can be slippery in places.
24. Saklikent Gorge a great place to have a cold beer or a lunch of freshly cooked trout